Shared Hosting Plans Defined
A shared hosting service is connected with stockpiling and/or sharing certain content on a web hosting server handled by a shared hosting distributor. There are various categories of hosting services used for various purposes, so let's review these. Thus, you can determine what you want, depending on whether you'd like to run a blog, mail aliases, or to share files with friends and partners.
1 website hosted
30-Day Free Trial
4 websites hosted
30-Day Free Trial
- File hosting: a solution furnished by given firms, which lets you share large files. These could be disk images, motion pictures, audio files, archives, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole goal is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. Once the files are uploaded, you will either receive a randomly created download link for each of them, or you will be able to read an inventory of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to view .html or .php web files in your web browser. Free file hosting packages are frequently supported by showing ads next to the download links, while a timer makes you await a specific interval of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you run a paid file storage account, there are no limitations as to how many files you can upload/download immediately, and also there is no limitation as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
Nowadays, with the help of the cPanel web hosting traders, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more modern "cloud shared hosting". This is a completely false interpretation of the real connotation of "cloud hosting". An actual cloud shared hosting environment would allocate the workload between separate groups of servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending miscellaneous shared hosting services (email, disk storage, stats, DNS, databases, website hosting CP, etc.) So, the file hosting solution is merely a kind of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud shared hosting one. It's not even close.
- Image hosting: similar to file hosting; specific suppliers provide a hosting service for pictures exclusively. This hosting kind is appropriate if you wish to share a big amount of pictures with comrades or acquaintances since the solution is mostly free. You will obtain a random link for every pic or album and you can then share this link. As with the file hosting solution, .html and .php files are not supported, so the service cannot be used for websites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to administering your mails. Some firms offer shared hosting services for sites, but do not offer an email solution. If you wish to create a mail address with your domain but do not want to have a website, then the email shared hosting solution is what you need. You can set up e-mail accounts and manage them, but there will be no hosting service for the domain. The e-mail hosting solution includes incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP email servers.
- Video hosting: this service permits you to upload and share videos. You can either share a link to a specific video, or you can embed the video clip in your web page that is hosted somewhere else. The advantage of availing of this method instead of uploading the video in a web hosting account is that the video generates a certain amount of central processing unit load, so with a bunch of video files and several hundred viewers, you may have a problem with your shared hosting supplies. Embedding the video will permit you to manage as many video files as you want without worrying about system resources.
- Shared hosting: this is the service that you require if you wish to have a website. To a certain extent, it embodies all of the aforesaid hosting types since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can keep databases and mails, upload videos, etc. At PlanetAloha.Info you can see shared shared hosting and dedicated server accounts that enable you to have all of the aforesaid solutions in a single place. There may be restrictions based on the form of shared hosting service that you've settled on - a free web hosting package, a paid shared hosting account, a virtual private servers or a dedicated server. Based on that, your shared hosting account may be better or worse juxtaposed to the common email/file/video/image hosting packages that are devised for specific content only.